A core expertise at bioskin is development of innovative test models for evaluation of efficacy of topical drugs and medical devices. In these models biophysical measurement methods can often be used to deliver objective data to support traditional clinical endpoints. We customize designs for efficacy trials depending on the indication and product profile.
We are able to offer these early phase studies as full-service packages not only in Germany but also with a mobile bioskin team and on-site training with audited partners in other geographic regions, including the USA.
Proof-of-Concept / efficacy trials include:
- Psoriasis plaque test (for anti-psoriatics, also for screening of generic formulations)
- UV-induced erythema model (for anti-inflammatories)
- Pain model (for topical analgesics, anti-inflammatories)
- Vasoconstrictor assay (for corticosteroids)
- Superficial wound healing (abrasion model, suction blister model for re-epithelization)
- Expanded flora test (for anti-bacterials)
- Alopecia/hair growth
- Atopic dermatitis/eczema
- Herpes labialis
- Hypertrophic scars
- Tinea pedis